Senior Year Calendar/ Checklist
- Register and pay for your fall dual credit classes with South Plains College.
- Schedule changes are to be complete by August 31
- Go online to college websites for information on preview days, deadlines, university scholarships, etc.
- Go online to www.applytexas.orgor www.commonapplication.org to begin application process to colleges and universities. There is a fee for these applications. Check early admission and scholarship application deadlines.
- Prepare questions to ask your senior counselor. (college ideas, careers, credit check, scholarships, grades)
- Register for the ACT/SAT. www.actstudent.org; www.sat.org
- Create profiles on scholarship websites. Get a list of these sites from your counselor.
- Check class rank and GPA.
- Visit college campuses of interest.Seniors have 1 approved absence for college visits. Bring back a dated and signed letter to give to the attendance office.
- Register for Selective Services if you are a male and 18.
- Fill out a Personal Fact Sheet for your teachers/administrators/counselor to receive as you ask them to write a letter of recommendation.
- Watch application/scholarship deadlines for college admissions.
- Be conscious of maintaining good grades.
- Read LHS counselor website for information on scholarships and other important senior information.
- Listen/watch announcements for college visits.
- Request transcripts to be sent to the colleges you are applying to.
- Register with the NCAA if you are an athlete and planning to participate in Division I or II sports.
- Complete and send college/scholarship applications before Thanksgiving break.
- Continue to work on your grades..
- Schedule senior pictures
- Keep good records of all awards, volunteer, leadership, and other activities. This is good information for scholarship applications.
- Complete any scholarship applications you are working on before the Christmas break.
- Register and pay for your spring dual credit classes with South Plains College. Turn in Early Admission Course Approval Form (Must be done every semester.)
- Double check that you are meeting all college deadlines with applications, housing, and scholarships.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and look at federal financial aid requirements (this form cannot be completed until after January 1st). Go ahead and register for your PIN- students and parents need to register.
- Make sure you are passing all classes for the semester or make an appointment to see your counselor.
- Begin the FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Finish and send applications for specific scholarships.
- Register for spring dual credit courses with South Plains College.
- Check updated class ranking
- Continue to work on and finalize scholarship applications- check deadlines!!!
- Contact colleges to see if your application is complete and mail any forms, or further information that is needed. Remember your FINAL transcript cannot be sent until June.
- Read LHS counselor website and check for scholarships. The website is being continually updated.
- Send/Submit your completed FAFSA application.
- March 15th: FAFSA priority deadline
- Solidify your college plans/choice. Let other schools know if you are not attending.
- Contact your future roommate.
- Keep a list of scholarships you have been offered and notify the college you are attending of outside scholarships you have received.
- Visit college campus if you have not already done so.
- Concentrate on graduation!
- Stay focused on your academics. Failing a second semester course could keep you from walking the stage/graduating and require you to attend summer school.
- Check to see if your college has summer orientation for freshmen and get registered to attend.
- Check graduation plan with your counselor.
- Take the TSI if you still need it for college.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams will be May 4-15. Scores will not be available until the summer.
- Turn in all scholarship offers to the counseling suite as we prepare for the Academic Achievement Pep Rally.
- Request your FINAL transcript to be sent to your college/university by signing up in the counseling center.
- Request your South Plains College transcript to be sent to your college if you took dual credit courses.
- Graduation is May 26th at the SPC Texan Dome at 7:00 p.m.!